Services for Australians Overseas
Passport applications and notarial services
Appointment bookings are required for passport applications and notarial services. Clients without an appointment will only be seen in exceptional circumstances.
Information for booking an appointment:
- Click to book an appointment at either out Rome or Milan Office. Please make one appointment for each service you require (i.e. one appointment for each passport application you are lodging).
- You will automatically be forwarded to the next available appointment.
- Enter your information. We ask you to list an email address and a phone number so that we can contact you if necessary.
- Attend the Embassy or Consulate-General at your designated appointment time and bring the relevant documents for your passport application or notarial service.
- If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, please email: [email protected] or [email protected].
Click below to book an appointment:
Australian Embassy Rome Australian Consulate-General Milan
Via Antonio Bosio, 5 Via Borgogna, 2
+39 06 06852721 +39 02 77674200
What we can and cannot do
Assisting Australians overseas within limits.
Travel information for Australians
Get the latest travel advisories and other traveller hints from the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
Full Validity Passports
All Australian citizens must lodge their passport application in person. Please note that child applications should be lodged in person by a parent or person with parental responsibility for the child. The parent or person lodging the application is not required to be an Australian citizen, but will need to bring photographic proof of their own identity to the appointment.
All passport applications lodged overseas will incur an additional fee. The overseas surcharge will not apply to emergency passport applications.
Additional information may be found at www.passports.gov.au or by selecting one of the links below:
- Generate a passport application form online
- Requirements to apply for a full validity passport using a PC8 form - This form has to be used for child applications, if you are applying for your first Australian passport or replacing a passport which has been expired for over 36 months or that is lost or stolen.
- Requirements to apply for a full validity passport using a PC7 form - This form may be used if you are an adult replacing a passport which is still valid or which expired within the last 36 months. Please consult www.passports.gov.au for additional information or to print your form.
- Reporting a lost or stolen passport
- Please set an appointment for the consular or passport services you require.
CLIENTS WITH SCHEDULED TRAVEL WITHIN 3 WEEKS may apply for an Emergency passport : this will be valid for 7 months and will generally be issued within 2 working days of receiving a complete application. Personal attendance is required.
Living in Country
- Taxation issues
- International driving permits
- Birth, marriage and death certificates
- Police clearances
- Marriage overseas
- Authentications and apostilles
- See also information about Australian living overseas
- Centrelink Overseas
- Working Holiday Agreement
Returning to Australia
Handy information for Australians or residents returning from a holiday or moving back to Australia.