Services for Australians Overseas
New appointment system
How to book an appointment for passport and consular services
Appointment bookings are required for passport applications and notarial services. Clients without an appointment will only be seen in exceptional circumstances. Appointments can be booked here .
What we can and cannot do
Assisting Australians overseas within limits.
Travel information for Australians
Get the latest travel advisories and other traveller hints from the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
All Australian citizens must lodge their passport application in person. Please note that child applications should be lodged in person by a parent or person with parental responsibility for the child. The parent or person lodging the application is not required to be an Australian citizen, but will need to bring photographic proof of their own identity to the appointment.
All passport applications lodged overseas will incur an additional fee. The overseas surcharge will not apply to emergency passport applications.
Additional information may be found at www.passports.gov.au or by selecting one of the links below:
- Apply for a passport application online
- Special Requirements PC8 - This form has to be used for child applications, if you are applying for your first Australian passport or replacing a passport which has been expired for over 36 months or that is lost or stolen.
- Special Requirements PC7 - This form may be used if you are an adult replacing a passport which is still valid or which expired within the last 36 months. Please consult www.passports.gov.au for additional information or to print your form.
- Reporting a lost or stolen passport
Please set an appointment for the consular or passport services you require.
On-line registration for Australians overseas
We encourage use of this online registration service by Australians planning to reside overseas for extended periods, and those travelling to locations where there are security risks.
Living in Country
- Taxation issues
- International driving permits
- Birth, marriage and death certificates
- Police clearances
- Marriage overseas
- Authentications and apostilles
- See also information about Australian living overseas
- Centrelink Overseas
- Working Holiday Agreement
Returning to Australia
Handy information for Australians or residents returning from a holiday or moving back to Australia.